Zoom FRC-8 F-Control
Product Code: fxr108c
Zoom F-Control Mixing Control Surface for the Zoom F8 and F4 FRC-8
The F-CONTROL lays out your field recorder’s channel-strip capabilities, scene-organizational properties, and metering readouts into an easy-to-use 9-fader mixing array, giving you controls for trim/pan, track arming, and adding more goodies; with the F-CONTROL, you’ll have access to a dedicated time code button, 12-segment LED meters, programmable controls for monitoring and output levels, and the ability to attach any USB keyboard (the typing kind, not the MIDI-triggering ones). This last option will be especially handy for entering metadata, allowing you to label takes, tracks, and scenes in a most expeditiously organized fashion. The F-CONTROL also provides 1/4" jacks—one for connecting to your field recorder, the other for your headphones—so you monitor audio straight from the board.
So, is that one actor with the lav getting too loud? Is that guy mumbling his lines again? The controls to adjust for level are now right in front of you—not on a harness, not in a bag at your side, but in front of your face. With a tool like this, your operations will be greatly simplified; your director might cherish your expediency, but even better, the post-production sound mixer will thank you, since you were able to catch those pesky peaks in real time, and label the takes clearly and effectively.
- 9 faders (eight + Master), each 60mm
- 1/4" Headphone jack
- USB port for external keyboard connection
- Hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming
- 12-segment LED meters for monitoring channel and output levels
- Dedicated time code buttons
- Track Scene edit buttons: Shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes, and False Take screens
- Power options: 4 x AA batteries, 4-pin HIROSE connector with external battery pack, and USB bus power via the F4 (not available with the F8)
- Durable metal chassis
- Compatible with Zoom F8 and F4 MultiTrack
- Field Recorders