Vox AC15HW1 hand-wired combo amp w/ G12M Greenback Speaker
Product Code: AC15HW1
Vox AC15HW1 Hand Wired Combo Amplifier.
Vox AC15HW1 hand-wired combo amp; 15 Watts Single 12" Celestion G12M Greenback Speaker, includes footswitch and dust cover. The VOX Hand-Wired Series - turret board construction and hand-wiring make this the ultimate amp, with rich versatile voicing and a classic powerful sound.Key Features and Product Highlights:
- Hand-wired turret board construction
- Birch-ply cabinets featuring solid bracing and a natural high frequency diffuser
- All-tube design
- ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes (x3)
- EL84 power tube quartet; (AC30 models); EL84 Duet (AC15 models)
- GZ34 rectifier (AC30 models); EZ81 rectifier (AC15 models)
- Fitted with matched Ruby Tubes that provide extended dynamic range
- Traditional VOX two-channel design
- Top Boost and Normal - High and Low inputs for each channel - The Normal channel provides an additional BRIGHT switch - The top boost channel provides a HOT/COOL switch to achieve even more gain
- Master Volume/BYPASS switch completely bypasses the Master Volume section
- OP mode switch cut the amp's Output Power level in half
- Vintage fawn-coloured vinyl, reminiscent of the 1960 classic AC30
- Choose either Celestion Alnico Blue or Celestion G12M Greenback
- VFS1 footswitch controlls the Top Boost channel's HOT/COOL switch
A premium, custom-fit dust cover is included with every model. There may never have been an amp boasting such a lofty and pure sound in the entire history of VOX.
The VOX Hand-Wired Series relies on the painstaking technique of turret board hand-wiring - a method requiring a high level of skill and craftsmanship is used, resulting in wiring that's beautiful in its artistry, ensuring an efficient signal path with minimal loss and no restriction in amplitude. In the Hand-Wired Series, tubes, transformers, speakers, chassis, and custom parts all join together in an ideal state to deliver the richest and most powerful sonic experience the ultimate amp.
Not bound by tradition, the VOX Hand-Wired Series also provides a variety of new functions that keep pace with the needs of today's artists. Offering a rich variety of tonal shadings and a broad model lineup, the enormous potential of the VOX Hand-Wired Series will reveal itself in any musical scenario. Constructed for ideal sound and power - Turret board hand-wired amps are every amp designer's ideal and every guitarist's dream, representing the ultimate in amplifier construction. True all-tube design - preamp, power amp, and rectifier.
Two-channel design: Top Boost and Normal. The VOX Hand-Wired Series preserves the traditional VOX two-channel design, providing a Top Boost channel and a Normal channel. True to form, the Top Boost channel delivers the legendary AC30 sound with a fully interactive tone stack. VOX has also added a new and unique HOT/COOL switch. The COOL setting produces the orthodox Top Boost sound, while the HOT setting bypasses the tone circuitry altogether to create a more pure sound to achieve richer gain.