BOSS HM-2w Heavy Metal
Product Code: HM2W
BOSS HM-2w Heavy Metal
The BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal is one of the most sought-after vintage pedals in our entire back catalog. Now, we’re pleased to confirm that it’s returning in a special HM-2W Waza Craft edition in the middle of 2021.
Unlike many other iconic BOSS drive pedals, the HM-2 was in production for less than a decade (1983-1991). Following years of fan support, umpteen cult records powered by the pedal’s uniquely aggressive tone, and even an online petition, we’re delighted to announce that the Waza Craft reincarnation of the HM-2 is well underway.
Produced from 1983 to 1991, the BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal is a true legend in the history of distortion pedals. Its signature “chainsaw tone” with all knobs maxed is the defining voice of Swedish death metal, and the slightly milder sides of its personality can be heard on tracks from mainstream to shoegaze. After years of requests from hardcore HM-2 fans, the iconic stomp is now reborn three decades later in a special Waza Craft edition. The HM-2W delivers the authentic analog sound of the original in all its glory, coupled with lots of modern refinements for enhanced performance.
- Authentic HM-2 look with iconic colour scheme and controls.
- Two modes with selector placed on back panel to keep authentic look and feel.
- Premium buffer and enhanced bypass circuitry for improved bypass sound.
The legendary HM-2 updated with advanced WAZA Craft know-how
Death Metal Legend
When introduced in 1983, the HM-2 was one of the first “amp in a box” pedals ever, using an innovative BOSS circuit to replicate the sound of early ’80s British stack amps favoured in the rapidly growing heavy metal genre. Near the end of its production run, seminal Swedish death metal bands adopted the HM-2for their primary guitar tones, and its uniquely aggressive sound and focused midrange became highly sought after by anew generation of players.The pedal’s vast influence and popularity led to ongoing calls for BOSS to bring it back, and we’re pleased to present the HM-2W to all those devoted fans around the world.
Only BOSS knows everything about BOSS, with our wisdom of circuitry and design matched with carefully selected components, BOSS faithfully reproduce the distinctive tone, feel and response of original HM-2.
- Lower noise floor than original without affecting tone or feel.
- Maximum level is +3db higher than original.
- Advanced and aggressive HM-2 sound inherited from original
- Custom mode has specially tuned low-end and high-mid frequencies for more character.
- Fine-tune these frequency behaviours with two colour controls
- Gain stage also enhanced with WAZA craftsmanship to give more attack.