IK Multimedia Z-Tone Active Instrument DI
Product Code: IKMT_IP-ZTONE-DI
The IIK Multimedia Z-Tone DI Instrument Preamp and Active DI Box is an instrument preamp and active DI box offering versatile tone shaping and signal preservation for guitarists, bassists, and keyboardists performing live or recording in the studio. By incorporating the triple-topology preamp from the award-winning AXE I/O, the Z-Tone DI delivers multiple circuit selections and variable impedance, making it an ideal front-end for any player's rig.
Whether you play instruments with active or passive pickups, the Z-Tone DI provides trustworthy signal integrity. At the flip of a switch, you can select the type of tone that suits your style best, be it clean and precise or warm and rich. The adjustable gain and switchable -20 dB pad ensure that you'll always be able to attain the perfect level.
Unbalanced 1/4" link and main outputs provide easy connectivity with amps and pedalboards, while the balanced XLR out is perfect for plugging into a mic preamp, stagebox, or mixer input. If you encounter buzz or hum, simply press the ground-lift switch to eliminate such noises.
- Selectable active/passive pickup input.
- Triple-topology instrument preamp from the award-winning AXE I/O.
- Z-Tone variable impedance control creates a wide range of tones from tight, sharp, and precise, to thick and bold.
- Adjustable gain knob (-8 to +8 dB)
- Selectable -20 dB pad to prevent distortion when dealing with high-output sources.
- Balanced 3-pin XLR output for direct connection to a mic preamp or mixer input.
- Unbalanced 1/4" main output.
- Unbalanced 1/4" link output splits signal to connect to amps and pedals.
- Ground-lift switch eliminates buzz and hum.
- Powered via 9V battery or 48V phantom power.
- Rugged, road-worthy metal housing.
|Inputs||1 x 1/4" TS (Unbalanced)|
|Outputs||1 x 1/4" TS Link (Unbalanced)
1 x 1/4" TS Main (Unbalanced)
1 x 3-Pin XLR Male (Balanced)
|Input Impedance||2.2 Kilohms to 1 Megohm|
|Power Requirements||9 VDC Battery or 48 VDC Phantom Power|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.4 x 5.8 x 1.7" / 13.6 x 14.8 x 4.4 cm|
|Weight||1.5 lb / 0.7 kg|