Shure Beta 181/C
Product Code: shr-beta181c
Shure Beta 181/C. Caridoid Version.
The Beta 181 is an ultra compact, small diaphragm side-address condenser microphone with interchangeable capsules for different polar patterns. This enables discreet placement and versatility in tight conditions for various applications.
What is the Beta 181 best suited to?
This Beta 181 is a multipurpose instrument microphone and can be used on a wide variety of applications including guitars, bass and drums (overheads and snares). A total of four different capsules (Cardioid, Super Cardioid, Bi-directional, Omni-directional) are available meaning that they can be interchanged according to application.
What are the product codes for the additional capsules?
The RPM181/C is a cardioid condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/S is a super cardioid condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/BI is a bi-directional condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/O is a omni directional condenser capsule for the Beta 181.
What might I use the interchangable capsules for?
The cardioid capsule is best suited to overheads, piano and acoustic instruments. You can also use the cardioid capsule for M/S stereo micing (in conjunction with another microphone with a bi-directional capsule).
- Interchangeable polar pattern capsules for the ultimate in low-profile application flexibility (each Beta 181 ships with one polar pattern capsule and one XLR preamplifier)
- Precision-engineered, compact side-address design features innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier
- Capsules available separately for custom flexibility
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range applications for use in high SPL environment
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Bidirectional
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): Cardioid -48,5 dBV/Pa; Supercardioid -49,5 dBV/Pa; Omnidirectional: -52,0 dBV/Pa; Bidirectional: -51,0 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: Cardioid: 20 dB(A)
- Supercardioid: 22 dB(A)
- Omnidirectional: 23 dB(A)
- Bidirectional: 23 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure:
- Cardioid: 151 dB
- Supercardioid: 154 dB
- Omnidirectional: 157 dB
- Bidirectional: 156 dB